Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What-A-Burger

Well, I couldn't stay away all vacation long. I wanted to check in and reassure everyone that I am, in fact, having a great time (like there was any doubt).

A little known fact about my hometown of Corpus Christi, TX is that it is also the hometown of Whataburger. If you've never heard of it you can't possibly understand what you're missing! Anyone who's ever had it can understand, as far as fast food goes, it's the best; end of story.
If you're thinking of giving it a try I would like to recommend my personal favorite, the #8 with gravy and a Diet Dr. Pepper. If you're not in the mood for food, try their strawberry milkshakes. It doesn't get much better than that!

So, as the picture indicates I'm having a great time on vacation. And as far as readers of this food blog are concerned, I am indulging in all of my hometown favorites including TCBY, La Playa (twice...so far), Padre Island Burger Company, Whataburger (obviously), and, a new favorite Papa Murphy's. Thanks to all this nostalgic dining I'm also bringing home a slew of new recipes to keep me busy in the kitchen. Luckily these recipes don't take up a whole lot of room in the car because I'm also coming home with a lot of goodies from several nostalgic shopping trips. There's no place like home!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...